Friday, August 22, 2008

Exchanging Of Rings Wording Non Religious

Argentina, Argentina

Stock Photo: This is us on arrival sull'Abra de Condor, 4100m (remember?). I sent the photos an Argentine who was there with his company.

After a long absence we're back to one of the latest episodes of our trip in the Andes. We parked the bikes. Definitely. The odometer says 1519. To play the lottery when I get back. Sorry for the delay, but the last few days have been surprisingly solid, despite a Cachi atmosphere is relaxed and calm. We had to think about that and that riding ...

This post will 'inevitably a bit' "psychological". Damien tells me that this post is often a heavy and tedious, and therefore short. Since, however, 'In short I am not easy, I' to enter some personal stories and action that makes it a bit 'more' smooth reading. And you go.

events have made it 'several days have elapsed from the previous post. Days filled with things done and views of events, people ... and of course lots of km cycled under the most 'different. I bike, I often thought about the blog. Think about who reads and comments, and so 'it becomes a bit' player. I was thinking 'cause sometimes I feel the need to write something. And much more. So many questions, and maybe some answers.

From Cachi we headed to Molinos. Stage that had to be simple, but there has nevertheless engaged in more 'of 60km of dirt road, with a step-by-2400m. Molinos and 'a microscopic town (all concentrated in 9 Cuadras ), absolutely non-potable water (they say the presence of saltpeter), a school and a church. And a hotel that seems taken directly from the Tuscan hills and that makes me want to go back to these parts with a different company ... Not that Damian is not good ... but from now on we have seen so many resorts, cottages, rural hotels, with rows of poplars absurdly Family so nice to make me want to spend a few days ... without pedaling!

We were approached by Ramon, a professor and would-be cyclist, who is preparing for a trip and that 'a smaller version of our own. Supportive exchange of information: we will tell the last stages, he directs us to a place for the night, and we recommend a place in Tucuman.

One of the titles of this post might have been "departures and returns." In the two days in Cachi, I had the distinct feeling of gliding. Slipping on the branch of a parabola (or a hyperbole?). Like any journey, this one had its apex, or perigee, which for us and 'state of the Abra ACAYA. Attributed to point envi great symbolic value, knowing that I could not expect anything more than 'a pile of stones with a breathtaking view. I thought the effort, time and energies devoted to get here. Gradually I realized what it meant but really . The value assumed in the 5000m during the transition from what was given 'that there' was before and what 'that there will be' later. It 'was a watershed between the departure and return. On the one hand, the shift away from everything 'I had that I knew, from what' will not endure 'and what' that had justified my existence on this planet so far (and I quote someone). On the other everything 'waiting for me to return, and what 'that sciegliero' to place in my life from now on. And in the middle of a point-to-gravity 'zero (actually' gravely 'equal and opposite to the centripetal force ...) where you can embark on mental exercises free of restrictions and formal logic, and flights of fancy soar in evolution, made possible only by special ocnidizioni of this situation.

At all stages in the Valles Cachaquies , we have more and more 'become aware that everything was ending. And I started thinking about home. I have a little abundant nostalgia, a celebration of all that 'I love Italy and Brescia and what' I lack. And some things Damiano gave me a hand.

For example, the food ... Unfortunately, the Puna, in terms of food and wine and 'a very poor place. We went on to grilled chicken, Milanese and Neapolitan for days, rejoicing when he was a soup with quinoa. Knorr clear bags in a tent. Scacalando dell'Infernillo the Abra, one of the last steps, we decided not to bring food with us. We were a bit 'disgusted by pork products (sausage only) and local cheese. And, with the pangs of hunger, we made a list of what 'we want to eat just returned. We were unable to give a priority ', but in praatica we compiled a list of all the typical dishes of the province of Brescia and its surroundings. I miss the simplicity 'of Italian cuisine, with its ingredients genuine and carefully chosen. I miss vegetables other than tomatoes and salad. I miss the pasta and beans. The polenta. The sausage with the pure 'and lentils. Pasta with tomato sauce. Spare ribs with cabbage. The beans with sage. The risotto with gorgonzola and Salamis. Polenta Carbonera. And much more, from the first to the sweets ...

I thought the people that I miss. I thought about the things that I will have 'to do, to restart a life a bit' different from the previous year. I thought about my future home, which must 'soon take a concrete form walls, floors and roof with ... I thought the bike: I miss it! I thought of the work projects, and I have had a couple of ideas, as I expected. And all without anxiety, without worries, without coercion, with the serene knowledge that I will have 'to pull up our sleeves to achieve some goal and now I' more 'clear. I'm happy. To get the Abra

Infernillo from Molinos, we addressed two stages. The first and '113km of dirt road was sandy, with uphill and downhill Uun cmulato elevation gain of 800m. We actually 'made a mistake on the route they had to be two stages, mainly because of the sandy bottom that forces at times to push the bike. We could somehow recover the lost days. Pero 'to the professor Molinos rider, Ramon, told us: "It' s impossible to reach Cafayate in one day." And so 'we had to do it. Understand? We left after breakfast by Manolo, a professor of Mico. It was already 'late. At 15 avevavmo done 40km and we stopped for lunch. 73 were missing. In the following has helped us so much the magical setting where we were. Rocks smoothed by the wind in a thousand different forms. Sharp needle. The road looks like a slide that drops into a scene of papier mache. Do not believe it. With the setting sun the fascinating play of light and shadow and force you to make photographs. I wish everyone could enjoy this place, but I know that the photos will not serve much purpose. However I am more 'than 700 so far. We arrive at 15km from Cagayate e. .. we find the asphalt! We do not know, but do not ride nearly over 'in the dirt. However, we go to Cafayate, which are the 21, after having cycled for one hour and a half with the front and red lights lit on the bags.

The impression 'have arrived in Las Vegas. Neon billboards, lots of restaurants, hotels, at least along the main road. We sling the first rent rooms there, a shower to remove the layer of dust off (I have not tanned calves for the shielding effect of the dust!). And we treat ourselves to a gourmet dinner: I take a "pizza" appetizer of trout and (typical of these parts). Let out a bottle of Malbec from 15 º and the world smiles. We have the impression that it has made a great achievement (compared to our forces).

The next day we visit Santiago, a friend of Mariano, a boy of our age 'and with three brothers' young Utama operates a farm where they produce wine (very good in my opinion) work and ceramics. We speak on the situation of interesting field in Argentina. It 'nice to talk with someone who lives in a way so different from that to which they are accustomed. And it 's always a shame not to master the language better, to be able to push a little' more 'in depth' in speech. We'll stay with him until 3 in the afternoon, when leaving for Amaicha del Valle.

Another title of this post would be "travel options." In recent days, crossing the city more diverse and contrasting environments so as to appear to belong to pieneti different, I thought about my travels. I thought I made the trip, finding strange similarities to places already 'seen: as an Andean town can look to Scandinavia? Or why 'never a tropical valley should remember the high Valtrompia? And I thought I could do to the thousands of trips around the world, drawing inspiration from, and little details, hidden by prods along the way, they awaken the interest and curiosity '. And so 'now I think of many destinations, new or old, but with new reasons in support. The stage for

Amaicha 'has been easier: all asphalt, only the last few kilometers uphill. Taking forward for some pictures. I find a wall with a sign that welcomes in the country. E ' up little more 'than 3 meters. I climb it. They are almost on top of mud and brick wall come off a long time, I have left in your hand. I fall into ruin and the piece of wall fell on me head. Budget: a bit 'of bruises and a sore wrist, which does not prevent me from riding, but pretty annoying. I'm wearing a wrist strap and put ointment twice per day. Ben is me.

Amaicha 'nothing special. Pero 'just outside the town a fascinating museum to Pachamama (Mother Earth), built entirely by a self-styled heir to the local culutra (in reality' is notorious as we quickly brought the epidemic to extinction all communities' indigenous, after 'arrival of the Spaniards). All 'built with white and black rocks, using for each particular (the gates to the floor) the reasons ground water, air and fire characteristic of the cultures of the Valles Qualanchies. There are also carpets, qaudri, sculptures, all made by Hector Cruz. When I return I will find out a little 'better of him, it seems that it is also well known in Europe.

is here part of the Abra Infernillo. We climb relaxed, and, like I 'said, speaking of food, a prey to hunger pangs. 1100m in altitude, maximum altitude 3100m. Trifles, we think. Well, I mean ...

From the top of the pass we discover that the other side of the valley and 'deep in cloudy. We have 25 km of descent to be suffering unexpected. The temperature changes rapidly from 15 º to 3 º. And it is not can 'stop and' late. You do not see anything. The vegetation becomes familiar: pine trees without leaves. We go down without being able more 'to move the fingers, legs freezing (wearing shorts). We stop at a bakery in the country at the beginning of Tafi that it will prove 'the milgiore the world (to our eyes, at least!). There 'addirituttura a wood stove. We go that we can not even more 'to talk! Take almost an hour to resume a normal temperature, two slices of cake and you head to help us.

Dormimao in a traditional style and the next day take on the last stage. 100km of asphalt under a shower and that 'more' fog will condense. Bend ourselves to 1600m in 35 km in a beautiful valley. The most 'high points of our mountain valleys. While we are at the bottom in the tropical jungle. We come finally to the pampas of Argentina. Degraded villages. Shops closed, is not to eat. Here we see that the crack of the 90 had obvious effects acora. We go in Tucuman with a sunset on the gray head. We dive into the hectic traffic. Bike heavy and unwieldy. Map small print. Guido and I miraculously come to the place to sleep without too many hitches. Get off the bike for the last time and we drink a bottle of wine that has given us Utama Cafayate Santiago.

toast to this trip and the upcoming trips. We are conscious of having done a beautiful thing, to be given away at each other something that only we could give us. To arrange it, do not reveal here, for the next cycling adventure. Why 'this is certain: there will be' another trip with this style!

But now ... and now we 'felt like to organize something a bit more' comfortable ... perhaps to deal with a company a less restricted ... maybe moving ... we'll see, the road 'still long!

I will make you 'know how to spend my last 15 days of vacation. I already have 'lots of ideas and a few contacts.

Hello,

ENRICO






0 comments:

Post a Comment